• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE track bar brace not lining up

Trail Rated

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the RE track bar brace not lining up the the holes in the pass side frame rail. It seems to me that the actual brace was slightly misaligned before it was welded together. One of the holes in the brace ends up off the frame rail. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem. Thanks, Rob

I had to put a spacer under the passenger side to keep it off of the oil pan.

I'm gonna try to loosely bolt the bracket side and then have someone sit inside and move the steering wheel to see if the frame flexes enough to make it fit. If this doesn't work I'll see if I can get a replacement.

It sounds like you have the same problem I had. The front hole fit where the rear hole should be (or vice versa). I used it as is, but I fabbed up a plate that sandwiches the body and gives another spot for the brace to attach. I wouldn't bother ordering another one. I think they are all screwed up, or all our XJs have tweaked bodies. :)

Back