• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

f-250 8.8?

danny_v_l

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah before you say it i searched and didn't really get anywhere i got some info on the 8.8 but not what i was looking for. i was wondering if there is any wicth difference between a 8.8 from an explorer or mustang compared to a f-250, my friend wrecked his 96 f-250 and was thinking about parting it out so i was thinking about taking the axel from him but he says it is to wide for my xj. If anyone knows the answer that would be awesome.

Thanks

There's a huge difference in width.... I dont konw the numbers, but just think about how much wider that F250 is compared to your Jeep.

you're looking at some serious fab. Yes, you can buy shorter shafts, however the tubes that the shafts go in would still be too long. They would have to be cut to the correct length then re-welded. Pass on it... you'll find a good deal on an axle thats much easier to get into your jeep if you have patience.

the 8.8 is used in the 1/4 ton vehicles (explorers) the f250 is a 3/4 ton and as far as i know does not use the 8.8. if it did they would be snapping parts all the time from the weight of the truck and the power of the engine

Back