• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snorkel question?

nooch13

NAXJA Forum User
What are the differences between a 94 and a 97? I found a good deal on a snorkel listed for up to 94, but the person is not sure if it will fit other years? I thought the body style was essentially the same for those years. Any input?

I just ordered an ARB snorkel via Rocky Road Outfitters and in thier description, it says that it is compatable for the 87-99 I think. So it should work even though every year jeep is probably a little different measurement-wise, but that is taken care of when you put it togethor. It is sort of universal.

if it's an ARB snorkel, the difference in the 2 kits is the kit for the newer 97+ models will come with the stuff needed to relocate the stock windshield bottle. on the 97+s it's inside the fender and interferes with the air hose. the model for the older xj's doesn't have that "stuff"

that's the only difference. the snorkel bodies are the exact same

The Federation said:
there is also a $100 dollar differnce. If all I am getting is the stuff to relocate the windshiled bottle I bet I can fab that for a $100.

Hell, I'll sell you my leftovers for $50...

Back