• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 and 34's

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering if a 29 spline 8.25 (trac lock with 4.56) would hold up to 34x10.50x15? (no rock crawling mostly mud and alittle trail rideing) thanks in advance! :us:

first try to search it talks about a how strong those axles are and second, I would say yes they would hold up as long as your not extremly heavy on the pedal.

KSXJ said:
first try to search it talks about a how strong those axles are and second, I would say yes they would hold up as long as your not extremly heavy on the pedal.

X2, lots of threads on the subject. Ive ran my 29 spline for 7 months so far, and have been hard on it a few times with 33's, and have had zero issues with it.

There are many people that have run 35's with a 8.25 29spline w/shafts, no problem.

I think you will be fine with some common driving sense.

mattyj said:
There are many people that have run 35's with a 8.25 29spline w/shafts, no problem.

I think you will be fine with some common driving sense.
Yep.

35's 29 spline yukon shafts, 4.56 gears, Full Detroit locker.

2+ years, several dozen trips including some lightweight stuff at JV, Everything in BigBear, Calico, lots of mudpits, and Moab (towing a trailer)

Not a single issue whatsoever with the rear...I have broken a shaft in the D30 and also a ring gear in the D30.

Back