• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crazy wildfire goin on

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
Last I head 25,000 acres with zero containment and moving southwest.......ie towards big bear. Crazy, anyone affected here?

Looks like another fire just started up in Diamond Valley (10-15 miles East of Hemet). I can see the flames/smoke from my shop!

Im im palm springs with a front seat view, helped some friends evacuate from morongo valley a couple hours ago.

I had to drive through the are this morning and let me tell ya its not pretty. smoke as thick as it gets at ground level on 247 around 2 am making it imposible to see the road

i was up at my mom's house in Yucca Valley getting valuables together. The flames got pretty close on two sides. It's been intense up there. I"ll post some pics i took in a day or two.

I myself was driving through Yucca Valley on the 247 last Wednesday. On the way there, I had to turn on the headlights. It was pretty smokey. I noticed they had quite a few road closures (side streets) and a lot of police activity. On the way back home that same evening I was driving through Yucca Mesa and actually saw some ash flying through the air! Scarey stuff.

CherokeeGirl said:
I myself was driving through Yucca Valley on the 247 last Wednesday. On the way there, I had to turn on the headlights. It was pretty smokey. I noticed they had quite a few road closures (side streets) and a lot of police activity. On the way back home that same evening I was driving through Yucca Mesa and actually saw some ash flying through the air! Scarey stuff.

Hold on, Cherokeegirl?

Okay, I'll drop it. How was Pipes Canyon and Gamma Gulch? I have property there don'tcha know...

gcurtis said:
Hold on, Cherokeegirl?

Okay, I'll drop it. How was Pipes Canyon and Gamma Gulch? I have property there don'tcha know...

Grant
I think they both got burnt up pretty bad...... right now as I'm typing there's a nice thunderstorm rolling through, lots of lightning.... hopefully a little rain to dampen things, but not cause flooding...... Aug. will suck for that area..... the summer rains like the high desert.
See YA !
Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
Grant
I think they both got burnt up pretty bad...... right now as I'm typing there's a nice thunderstorm rolling through, lots of lightning.... hopefully a little rain to dampen things, but not cause flooding...... Aug. will suck for that area..... the summer rains like the high desert.
See YA !
Curt

A whole lot a lightning, it looks from here to be staying away from the hills though.

Xtreme XJ said:
Grant
See YA !
Curt

Thats what we flew through!!! I landed at LAX two hours ago on the lighting storms were intense over the desert!

Back