• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on currie J arms

Ok, here's some answers.

Glad to help.

used the search extensively on j arms, the questions are mounting them. do they cure the angle problems associated with short arms!without having to go to long arms etc.flex and so on! i research everything i do extremely well i am not some 19 yr old . i am 48 yrs old and have had 4x4 s all my life! so any help would be greatly appreciated

They work well, and yes, they help with control arm angles. Nothing special to mount them, other than having to weld mounts to the front of the axle tube. They aren't very commonly used, but Currie led the first year of ARCA rock crawling competition using J arms on their TJ until they broke an axle on the last obstacle of the last day of competttion and they took second in the year long points championship.

A couple of guys around here use them, Mark Hinkley and Erik, and they both like them. These are guys I wheel with regularly.

thank you i read that thread, was just lookin for a little more info or maybe some pics and such. i greatly appreciate your help! bottom line is i can accept a lil loss of clearence at the axle more than long arms on the framerails! the stock lca mounts on axle are rock magnets themselves.and from what i gathered from that thread,j arms can be used with 2 uppers, or 1 for a 3 link and can remain in the stock position. this is also makes the j arm concept attractive 2 me!there is very little info on j arms on this forum and very little on the web! thanks again to to any and all help. and hopefully by october i when my xj project is completed, i can personally meet some of you on the trail! again thank you all !

I don't see anything negative in running J arms. The whole issue with control arm length is the angle and the arc of axle movement and the J arm helps both of those, without the loss of ground clearance with drop brackets or most long arm setups. This is a fairly simple way to get control arm angle improvement.

Having wheeled many times with both Hinkley and Erik, who both run J arms, I can vouch that they've run hard trails many times, and they both like the arms.

I dont know what i can add for tech. But can you use question marks (?) rather than exclamation marks (!) please? And the bold isnt necessary either. Makes you seem agitated.

builder said:
also do they use the rear or front arms! fixed or ajustable!

Just look on the Currie website. You use front arms on the front......unless you're fabbing new mounts for everything, then use whatever you want. It's always advisable to get adjustable arms if you can.

frustrated yes, agitated no! guess i have gotten all the tech i can from this thread.no need to comment an further. by the way thank you for all your help in this matter everyone and especially goatman !

frustrated yes, agitated no! guess i have gotten all the tech i can from this thread.no need to comment an further. by the way thank you for all your help in this matter everyone and especially goatman !

Back