• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monroe Sensa-trak and 3" lift

Yes you can. I did that. The fronts are for a 95 wrangler and the rears are for a ZJ. You'll have to change out the bar pins or get BPEs. I would not recommend them. After a year, they gave the hardest ride (like teeth jarring, bone shattering, no suspensionat all) ride in temps under 15 degrees. I'm going to change them if I go through another winter with the jeep.

FWIW;

I have these (copied from another thread);
"Use 1986-92 Jeep Comanche Monroe Sensatrac part #37029, which is 14.375" compressed and 23.000" extended. For comparison, stock rear XJ Sensatrac shock part #37027, is 12.750" compressed and 20.000" extended.

Last week I spent most of a day trying to add slightly dropped shackles.
I "may" have slightly lifted springs (replaced the sagged stockers with some that were sold as coming out of a stock 2001 Cherokee) and the rear sway bar has been removed.

Short story; Ended up taking the dropped shackles back off (after cutting bumper bolts for clearance and discovering that the exhaust pipe interfered) because the "longer than stock" shocks were what limited my rear axle drop, not the springs or shackles. For me personally, if a mod. doesn't improve things for my needs, it may not be necessary.

Back