• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know of a stock 36" driveshaft?

vetteboy

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to find a quick junkyard driveshaft for my junk to just get it rolling around.

I need around 36" center-to-center, 1310's all around, double-cardan on one end. It doesn't really need to have much slip as the instant center stays pretty close to the t-case output.

Anyone ever found something like this?

Made one today thats 34.5" long. Took a stock front and cut it in the middle, stuck a 1 3/4 .120 wall tube in there and welded it up. It's a tight fit and needs to be tapped in with a hammer. I'm running on the front only right now to I took it out and tested it to 80mph with no vibes or problems.

Hope this helps

Alright, this guy gets a prize. Although I ended up using an Explorer shaft, it's all the same stuff, and the tubing I had left over from my roll cage worked great.

DSC01554.JPG

Thanks to you, I may be able to drive my junk tomorrow for the first time since April. I think I'll celebrate by finally doing the :NAXJA: membership thing after almost 700 posts.

Back