• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

easter jeep safari questions

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
So im thinking about attending the EJS in Moab this year, but the more research i do on this event the more i am descovering it might be pain in the a$$.
Those of you that have attended....... is it worth it.? Meaning the registration fees & the fact you have to register for various trails.
Obvoiusly it must be very crowded, but is it organised well enough as to keep things flowing?
Just curious if i should experience Moab at a different time of year or not.

Rollins and I went last year and had a fabulous time. I didn't go wheeling every day and stayed off the trails I had already done or knew that I would do later in the month. Mike and I stayed in Moab for three weeks so we had plenty of time to play where we wanted when we wanted. During EJS, I signed up for oddball trails that were more scenic and was glad I did.

Moab can easily accomodate the almost 2000 registered vehicles and extra passengers plus the unregistered folks as well the gearheads and hikers that have nothing to do with our sport. The town never felt over crowded. The trails were exceptionally well organized with very knownledgable leaders. EJS had exclusive use to certain trails on certain days per the BLM permit.

Do make your camping and/or motel reservations early. Now maybe too late.

Thanks Andy thats what i was looking for.
I have some accomodation already organised if i do go. But, i may of left it a little late for trail registration, to get a spot for some of the more popular ones.
I might give it a shot and see what comes of it.

Thanks for your input,

Matt

if you dont go to EJS, you can always go to the Moab Fall Fling in October

Back