• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper Fab Critiques

Beetlejuice

NAXJA Forum User
Heres some pics of the bumper I came up with. *Most* of its to scale(mounts are) and not the entire design isnt finalized, just what I came up with tonight. Already gonna beef up around winch mount area. But let me know what you think, or any ideas to improve upon it or changes that will make it easier to build. Id like to add an angle piece under each side. Also, a majority of the ideas for the bumper came from others designs.

923Bumper2_1.JPG

923Bumper2_2.JPG

923Bumper2_3.JPG

Maybe try tying it into the 4 bolt holes on the front of the frame. Not sure what its called.
Also, use the sway bar holes as well.

Simo said:
Are you going to mount for a hawse or roller fairlead on the front?
Good catch I did not notice that.

Simo said:
Are you going to mount for a hawse or roller fairlead on the front?

Yeah, but thats sort of an after thought for me. Just didnt include that in the assembly I included in the thread. Also, a stinger might be added when I have time to mess with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Needs more triangulation, oops sorry wrong forum.. ;-)

Looks good, needs the fairlead tabs (don't make it a solid bar across cause then the winch 'bowl' will fill up with mud/water) and maybe some holes for lights and start fabin'

Back