• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Locker

ddeadserious

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a powertrax no-slip in my 27 spline Chry 8.25. My Jeep is totaled, the axle isn't really worth keeping, so I want to uninstall the locker. I didn't install it - the Jeep came with it installed. So my question is how do I uninstall it? and can I uninstall it and still be able to sell the axle is working condition?

ddeadserious said:
and can I uninstall it and still be able to sell the axle is working condition?

You will need to replace the spider gears. I would sell the axle as is with the locker. JIM.

ddeadserious said:
I've got a powertrax no-slip in my 27 spline Chry 8.25. My Jeep is totaled, the axle isn't really worth keeping, so I want to uninstall the locker. I didn't install it - the Jeep came with it installed. So my question is how do I uninstall it? and can I uninstall it and still be able to sell the axle is working condition?
They dont make a 27spline No-slip,might want to pull the cover and see what your time is worth then!!

Frank Z said:
Incorrect info. There are quite a few people on this forum running a 27 spline No-Slip.
http://www.powertrax.com/jeep1ns.pdf

If your set on removeing the locker, replace it with the internals from a donor junkyard axle.
You are correct(to early in the morning),its the Lock-rite that doesnt come in a 29spline version!

I may be interested in the locker if you remove it for me, not to far away to pick it up, what shape is it in? For a really good price I could remove it for you and keep it, let me know.

tkjeeper said:
I may be interested in the locker if you remove it for me, not to far away to pick it up, what shape is it in? For a really good price I could remove it for you and keep it, let me know.

Well I'm going to try and sell the whole axle with it installed, or I may keep it and just swap the whole axle into my next Jeep. I love having the locker, it's saved my ass so many times. When I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll PM you if I decide to just remove it.

Does anyone know what a reasonable price would be for the whole axle w/ locker?

Back