• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WORKING GAUGES!!!!!

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
For the first time EVER i have an XJ with all the guages working. My first, an 89, came with the idiot lights and after i put in the full guage cluster, i was too lazy to buy the appropriate sensors.
Now my 1990 Limited, which came from the PO with full gauges didnt have the proper oil pressure sensor in it. It had the smaller, cheaper, idiot light sensor on the engine. Hmm..Makes me wonder, since this thing was obviously ordered from the factory with all available creature comforts possible, did it come with the more "limited"(bad pun) cluster? Or had someone placed the wrong sending unit on it in order to save 10$ ? Either way, i have ALL the gauges working, a moving oil pressure gauge(THATS so freakin COOL!!! I love having one that actually moves faster than molasses)...
The temp gauge works, fuel, battery Volt meter...OKAY im done but im just happy to be up to par..heh.It gives me another reason to drive. Every time i upgrade or add soemthin,..i like driving to work...then i get there. ugh.Than i get to leave!!! WOOOO HOO!!!!!
Laters all and continue to pursue life liberty and happiness!!!!!

*L*

I hear you loud and clear! I replaced the sending unit on my 1991, and giggled like a madman every time I fired the old girl up and saw that needle swinging around.

It's great to tinker on something, and see it work.

:)

Back