• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 questions

stew2103

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 2001 4dr, I didnt notice until now that the oil gauge needle moves more than it should. When I start it up or idle its high if I drive at a slow constant speed it lowers ..is this normal or do I need a new gasket.
Second question Im going to put a 3 inch rough country lift on soon and I want to put 31 inch x 10.5 tires on ..will I be able to use the stock wheels?

Just a shot in the dark here, but check out the oil pressure sender. Seems like a common XJ problem. My gauge was a little wobbly, but I was leaking oil out the wiring connector that snaps into it.

It is normal for the oil gauge to move a lot. My 2000 is high at start up and about 40 on the highway and 20 at idle. Sometimes the sender has a little glitch and it will read 80 or 0 depending on its attitude. The pressure is correct, the gauge just reads funny.

31x10.5x15 will fit on stock rims.

since the other question has been answered..............................Yes you can run 31's on stock wheels, however they will rub the lca's at full lock. Whenever this finally drives you crazy, invest in some spacers or rims with a better backspace.

i have found that its worth it to buy new wheels too. you can get the rockcrawler wheels at les schwab for about $52 apiece (or less if you know someone). you'll like the look and you wont have to deal with rubbing. i was on a tight budget when i was building my jeep and i tried stock wheels but it wasnt worth it. i love my rockcrawlers

Back