• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making my coil spacers.. 4.5in adivice?

centralmax

NAXJA Forum User
Ive seen the how too's on making my coil spacers but i want to know why nobody makes one 4.5in. ? The purpose is to get rid of the xj, but i dont want to sell an unsafe ride. I bought polyurethane type material that will handle the loads. its not a wheeler. Any advice on whether i should or should not do it?

You want to make coil spacers that lift the front 4.5"?

That sounds......foolish, at best.

Makes me kinda wonder what the rest of the list is comprised of.Hasta

"they call me hackjob Mcgee"

ok.. point made. now anybody how advice with a reason behind it? like, the damn thing will fall out or an asteroid will destroy you tomarrow?

Did you mean 1.5" spacers to put on top of a 3" lift to make it 4.5"?

If so, Go Jeep has a how to on his website.

John

no, i mean taking a 5 inch round of polyurethane and using a lathe to shape it just like a 2 inch coil spacer.. only 4- 4.5 in tall. Ive seen a cherokee with homeade coilspacers that were 6 in. but thats too much.

If you are just going to sell it why not sell it as is??? The next guy is just going to have to do it again the right way.

Im not sure if you know this but it adds value to the vehicle. I wish people who have nothing better to do with their time than go on here and make irrelevant comments about projects they're uneducated about would get a life. Please address the question as.... "WILL THIS WORK" ... not gee guys I dont know anything about it but still wouldnt do it.

Sure it'll work, If the material is as good as you say it will work great. My buds xj has two 1.75" spacers stacked. And yes it adds value to a vehicle in the mind of a 16 yr old with a woody for a big truck, I personally would not give you a penny more. We actually deduct money from a vehicle trade if the vehicle is lifted and no suspension components are provided to restore it to the stock height.

centralmax said:
ill keep a lookout for a 16 yr old with a boner

Someone should really quote this in their sig.

icon12.gif

At 4.5 you will most likely need a modified or aftermarket trac bar, or a trac bar relocate bracket. Well mine did anyways, I went with a Rubicon express

this is DEE DEE DEE x1000

1st off.... rustys has 3.5" and 4.5" COILS (you know, a suspension part, not cutting board material) for like $100

2nd..... a 1/4 ass.... no... 1/8 ass lift does not add value to a anything

two words

Coil Bind

You won't get much stuff at all, the coils will bottom out on themselves and bind.

Back