• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock length for 6.5 lift

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched for this and have not came up with a hardened answer. I am looking for what the compressed and extended shock lengths are for a 6.5" lift. I have read a few guys opinions on what they are running with a long arm setup, but I am really looking for what length shocks would come with a "pre packaged" kit. I have a RE 4.5 kit that I just put in 2" spacers and 2" shackles and I need to know what length shocks to go with. Thanks for the help. :cheers:

Like has been said over and over around here, there is only one way to know what length shocks you need. Flex the suspesnion to the max with no shocks bolted up and measure. Many lift kits don't come with the best length shocks, so it's usually better to buy the kit without shocks, then measure and buy the shocks seperately. It's hard to get a good answer from someone else about shock length, because you don't know their exact situation. Maybe they aren't sensitive to shock bottoming out, maybe they don't know that the shock length is restricting their droop, maybe their lift isn't exactly the length they think it is, or maybe they have even moved their shock mounts.

There is only one answer..........measure.

If you check out rubicon express, the "proper" shock to go with a 4.5" lift has an extended length of 26.5. If you added a 2" spacer, your next option if you choose to go with rubicon express is 28.5 extended for twin tubes. The next step up from that is 32", which is probably too long.

I am aware of the measurement method, but I was checking to see if there was a "standard" size. Laziness has nothing to do with it! Thanks anyways...

thanks green50gt, that is a little more insightful then calling someone lazy! :)

Back