• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed a T-Max winch in my ARB

bknudtsen

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to post a few pictures of the T-Max winch I mounted in my ARB bumper the other day. I decided to buy a T-Max as opposed to a Warn because of some good reviews I had read recently.

I started by disconnecting all my aux lights and ARB locker lines from the mini pump mounted inside the front left corner of the bumper. I took the bumper off and started planning out the install.

IMG_1139.jpg

Next up I took the winch out of the box and got familiar with how it mounts and did a test fit in the bumper.

IMG_1141.jpg

I found that the clutch control lever was facing towards the back of the Jeep and needed to be clocked down some so that I could reach it easier. I removed the side with the control lever and removed the screws that held the inner mounting foot to the outer cover. I then rotated the two sections just shy of 90*, and reinstalled all of the screws. This put the clutch control lever right above the cutout on the ARB.

IMG_1143.jpg

I marked and redrilled the roller fairlead so that it matched the ARB mounting holes.

IMG_1144.jpg

I then mounted the winch in the bumper and routed the wiring. I mounted the control box on the passenger side of the winch, since it was crowded in between the two IPF's.

IMG_1145.jpg

Here's a shot from the front before I rewound the cable.

IMG_1146.jpg

I ran into some snags along the way, mostly my fault, but all in all it was pretty straight forward. I can't wait to get out and use it.

Brad

Back