• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blown hub?

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,

i think i may have blown a hub, this was probly the last straw for it. what started the symptoms was when i hit a large pothole at probly 45mph. the first noise was a slight grumbling as i coasted/decel. then i didnt notice the noise til i got home and went in reverse, it popped as i reversed and turned. no noise in forward, then on the way to my apt (other home) it started makin noise again on coast/decel conditions. a slight grumbling.

its not front u joints, dont think its the driveshaft. the whole front axle was rebuilt in october with ARB, 4.88s, chromos, u joints...i have a RE lift with ucas and lcas.

when parked i wiggled everything and the only thing thats not normal was the front left, it didnt have any play but it made an almost comical squeaky squeaky.

ideas?

-Tim

Mine sounds pretty much the same way when I am off the gas at speeds under 20 mph. However, I haven't checked for play in anything yet, but it has been doing it for about a month, seems to have gotten a little worse recently. I'd like to hear some ideas on whether or not the problem is with the hubs.

hey,

it is getting worse really fast. like every time i come to a stop sign or red light, it is more noisy than the last time. i checked the lug nuts, wiggled everything really hard. like i said before the only thing on the front thats not new is the hubs.....

actually, can brakes make a noise like this?

grumbling, with a slight squeak, only when turning in reverse and braking/ coasting to stop.

-Tim

Back