• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bumpstop rubbing on coil HELP

firefight343

NAXJA Forum User
so ive been through the whole BB fiasco, and im finally starting to get a bearing on how things are meant to work together as far as steering and suspension go ("starting" being the key word). I noticed a fairly annoying squeak while driving, coming from my (drive's side wheel well). i took a peek, and the bottom of my bumpstop inside the coil is angled forward, and lodged against the inside of my coil. im assuming it has something to do with the trackbar? idk...please help me out, i dont quite understand how the steering/axle positioning system works. TIA, Ed

BTW its only on the drivers side that the bumpstop rubs, which is why i think its a trackbar issue (as i believe that they connect on that side). are there any JUNKYARD fixes for this (maybe stock parts out of a ZJ?)...as i am on a very limited budget. thanks again.

Get adjustable control arms, make the side that is rubbing longer, or take your cherokee to an alignment shop and have them put in shims in your LCA mount.
-Patrick:passgas:

OH and I hear that ZJ control arms are longer, might want to give that a try.

Back