• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch Lift Kit

chinker75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there All,

I am a first time XJ buyer. I was lucky to find a 1992 Laredo with 80000 KM and want to lift it 3 inches. Looking for some advice on what kits to think about... I have checked out the BDS 3 inch system with front springs, rear leaf packs and shocks...

Can someone recommend anything else to me...

Thanks

Rubicon Express and Old Man Emu are both well received 3"-ish kits. make sure you go with new leaf springs in the rear as opposed to add a leafs or blocks.

You didn't mention budget, as both these kits are a bit more expensive than some of the other ones out there, but you really do get what you pay for. many of the cheaper kits ride like crap.

I echo getting new leaf packs for the rear. I have a Skyjacker 3" AAL and the rear is sitting about .5 lower, I'm not sure if the front is more than 3.0 or the rear is less than 3.0... I'm guessing the front is more like 3.5 and the rear is 3.0.

I pieced together an OME 2" lift from http://dpgoffroad.com/ and it is sweet.

Give them a call and they'll help you figure out what you would like to do w/your rig. I used to shop around for weeks looking for the best deal but after calling them and talking to them for 30 min:callme: w/out buying a thing I don't think twice about calling them up now and ordering away. Plus their prices are very competitive, if not better than all, places. Give them a call I promise you will not be disapointed, I wasn't.

I have both a 00TJ and 01 an XJ ... TJ has a 2.5 Skyjacker kit and I love it ! I'm back and forth between SK, RE, or BDS . They all seem to be quality equiptment but I do love my Skyjacker.:attom:

100_1564.jpg

I recently bought the rustys 3 inch spring pack kits and have no complaints! It was a litte stiff at first but it has deffinately softened up alot in just about 3 weeks of driving. I ordered my lift and got it in 2 days! A lot of people dont like Rustys stuff but I cant complain i havnt had anything go wrong and they are very nice people.

I have a 3" BDS on my XJ, I do like this kit alot. I may go to there Long arm kit in the future.

I've just added Upcountry springs front and back ( + 1") and the Rocky Road 2" Budget Lift. The front came up 3" and the back 3 1/2 - 4". It looks great, but:

Trouble is the vibration in the drive line from 35-45 mph. I have opinions which vary from, 1) drop the T-case 1 1/4"; 2) SYE; or, 3) drive it a couple hundred miles and it will even out.

WTF??

Back