• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB bull bar and frame tie-ins?

cmelo

NAXJA Forum User
I have an ARB bull bar front bumper and am worried about using it as a recovery point for getting pulled out of tight spots. It uses the the 3 stock mounting holes and two more on the bottom. Is this enough? I plan on possibly getting stuck in some pretty deep mud and will need a real strong pull to get me out, and I'm worried that the bumper might be able to actually be yanked off if pulled off hard enough. Is it possible to use something like jcr offroad's frame tie-in brackets with my ARB bumper?

I would not trust it without some reinforcing. I found that my C-Rok steering box brace worked perfectly for this as it replaces the need to use the shims and ties the ARB into the "frame" better. I plan on getting a C-Rok brace for the right side as well. Also, instead of using the weak d-ring mounts on the ARB, I went with these https://www.expeditionexchange.com/smb/ I put them on either side of where the roller fairlead mounts.

bumpermount001.jpg

I was looking at the C-rok steering box reinforcement, that looks like it would be the easiest route. I also like the look of those shackle mounting brackets on that ARB they make it look pretty mean.

?? Haven't people in Australia been using these bumpers for a long time using the stock mounting holes?

I've pulled my jeep a few times w/ it and everything seems fine. I plan to do a steering box brace but I dont think its necessary just to reinforce the ARB mounting system.

Can anyone out there show a failure caused by the ARB mounts?

Back