• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have the RE H&T SYE

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
RE # 1801 - just need to know if it comes with the part that attaches the flange to the drive line? i have an extra front shaft. but i don't have the piece it connects to.

mojojojo said:
RE # 1801 - just need to know if it comes with the part that attaches the flange to the drive line? i have an extra front shaft. but i don't have the piece it connects to.
No, you need to buy the flange that goes on the DS and bolts to the SYE. Do a search for spicer flange, front driveshaft falnge or something similar. You will come up with part numbers and places to buy it.

I bought my SYE used and it came with the adapter, but IIRC the RE1801 does not come with it. FWIW, I believe it is spicer PN 211229X, but dont hold me to it.
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
I bought my SYE used and it came with the adapter, but IIRC the RE1801 does not come with it. FWIW, I believe it is spicer PN 211229X, but dont hold me to it.
Ryan

I think that is the right PN.

WheelinJR said:
Hey Rod for the price don't bother with the hack-n-tap.

You can get a full SYE with a new output shaft for the same kinda money. $179 from PORC. I've been told the install isn't terribly difficult.
http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=37_42&products_id=153

"same kinda money" ??? How about "twice the money". Im just sayin, I dont care what he gets, but he shouldnt be mislead.

EDIT: My mistake, I thought he had a 2000 and not a 90. Its getting late and Im tired, I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Ray H said:
"same kinda money" ??? How about "twice the money". Im just sayin, I dont care what he gets, but he shouldnt be mislead.

That was at a quick glance at the prices.

He was talking about the Rubicon Express Hack/Tap so I took a quick look on their site
SYE KIT YJ, PRE-96 XJ/ZJ

Part #RE1801 $189.95

Then I looked at PORC's full SYE with output shaft and tailshaft cover
$179

WheelinJR said:
That was at a quick glance at the prices.

He was talking about the Rubicon Express Hack/Tap so I took a quick look on their site
SYE KIT YJ, PRE-96 XJ/ZJ

Part #RE1801 $189.95

Then I looked at PORC's full SYE with output shaft and tailshaft cover
$179

You were right, I corrected myself. I thought he was looking at the 1807 which is about $80, but he does need the 1801 which is $189

how hard is it to do that (split the case)? and does that porc kit for $180 allow the use of a front DS in the rear or what else is needed?

Somewhere on the net there is a video clip of a complete shaft change on a NP231, think it was on a Wrangler, but it's the same thing..

I did mine yesterday. I got the sye from P.O.R.C. about 4 months ago but have since lost the directions. I did the whole thing with the xfer case in the jeep and it took about 2.5 hours. It was really easy to do. The only thing I had to get was a large socket for the nuts on the yokes. I threw my front shaft in the rear and it was perfect lenght with 4 inches of lift.

Back