• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear power steering line ?

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I broke the rear power steering line when my wrench sliped . It does not seem to be a high pressure line. It goes from the bottom of the reservoir down to the box.

What is it for and how much pressure does it have?

if it goes to the reservoir then it is the low pressure line. take a look at the fitting it uses to attach to the gear box. My 2000 just had a clamp holding it onto the fitting. If yours is like this, you can buy it from your local parts store off of their bulk spool of p/s hose. if you can't bring yours with you, find out your hoses internal diameter. if the new hose has a different outside diameter, you may need new clamps that will work on it.

I actually cracked the reservoirs fitting. Made it really short (1/2 inch). i put some silicon around it and slid a new hose over with a new clap that just holds the lip. Looks like its working for now (finger crossed).

I'd probably go ahead and see if you can just order up a replacement reservoir, just to be on the safe side. That way you don't have to worry about it failing and it dumping all of your fluid out.

dadilius said:
I'd probably go ahead and see if you can just order up a replacement reservoir, just to be on the safe side. That way you don't have to worry about it failing and it dumping all of your fluid out.

Yes i know. I have been looking. I found a few online but they only ship with UPS. UPS changes us canadian's huge broker fees which would cost me more then I paid for the part.

canadianwheeler said:
Wow thanks for the great info. Loser

I'm just not so sure about that.

Putting a hose on a "half-the-size-it-should-be" fitting and using silicone to hold it on......do you think that's going to withstand the vibrations of daily driving at the least?

Do you think it will withstand offroad use of the jeep, where bumps and vibrations occur more? Since your username is canadianwheeler.....

Back