• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Discuss...

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
Winterfest '07 was an absolute blast. An awesome destination, wonderful participants, excellent sponsor support. Other than the weather, which is obviously beyond our control, are there any suggestions for improvement for next year? I for one, would like to make the registration process paperless, but that would require a high percentage of pre-registration. Extrapolating from the improvement in that area from '05 to '06, I think it can be done.

I move to have a cell phone tower close enough we don't have to drive 4 miles to make a call.

BRIANHO13 said:
I move to have a cell phone tower close enough we don't have to drive 4 miles to make a call.
I'm not so sure.
Having the office not be able to reach me Thursday through Saturday was niiiice!

BRIANHO13 said:
Do you use one of those ancient phones that didn't come with caller I.D.?
Worse - Blackberry.

Only suggestion I have is for Brian.

Lettuce
Tomato
Pickle
Onion

:D
Chooooo

Hale

Winterfest 07 was a blast. I wouldn't change a thing. I would even be up for the event to be at Flat Nasty again. Great place.

Kim

I had a great time. Can't wait till next year. Hopefully it won't rain. Oh, and was talking with Mrs Barton. She said that it would be perfectly fine for us to have our bonfire night up there.

scoobyxj said:
I had a great time. Can't wait till next year. Hopefully it won't rain. Oh, and was talking with Mrs Barton. She said that it would be perfectly fine for us to have our bonfire night up there.

Was she on Mr Barton's back at the time?

Yer goddamn right!

I'd like to wheel more. I know that the best part of winterfest is meeting people, hanging out, etc., but friday I think we were out for a total of 4 hours.
Make the driver's meeting early, like 8, get out by 9 and wheel until the sun goes down. Lunch was good, but definately optional for me. I would have rather stayed out.

I like the early start idea. More time on the trail would be a good thing. :thumbup:

Hale

RedHeep said:
I'd like to wheel more. I know that the best part of winterfest is meeting people, hanging out, etc., but friday I think we were out for a total of 4 hours.
Make the driver's meeting early, like 8, get out by 9 and wheel until the sun goes down. Lunch was good, but definately optional for me. I would have rather stayed out.

That's a valid point.

Huge thanks to JCR for providing lunch, but we could have gone without. Plus eating on the trail usually works well, and adds to the experience.

I am in no way complaining. But I would rather stick to the start times instead of trying to move them. Both days most people stopped wheeling way ahead of time. Obviously on Saturday the rain made it very difficult, Sean and Rev had to go scout the trails ahead of time.

Electronic Registration would help out greatly. I don't know how much prep goes on before hand, but Lawn Cher and a few certainly had enough to deal with Friday morning.

Suggestions:
1. Registration for non registered 8:30-9:15
2. Tech 8:30-9:30
3. Drivers Meeting 9:30
4. Rigs Roll @ 10:00

Extra Fee for not Pre Registering, Maybe $10

Push Dinner Back 1 hour. To allow for more time on the trail, and still be able to get cleaned up for dinner.

Basically, everything was great, I think we all had a great time. And thanks for all who helped put on a great event.

I think it is up to the individual people to wheel, heck, Pat and myself saw a lot more park than a lot of people. You just have to decide you are there to wheel and not socialize (that can be done at the campfire).

Rev Den said:
Good ideas all...keep them coming.

What would you all think about a box lunch "on the trail" ?

Rev

Sounds delicious, if people are willing to pay for it. I'd hate to consider the logistics of preparing it though... maybe something else we could have catered.

I can understand there are those who would like to have had more wheeling time, but there was no reason why anyone should not have gotten in what they wanted this past weekend ... outside of the rainy Saturday. Just because "guided runs" ended, it was no sign anyone had to quit. I suggest an established time period for "guided trail runs". Afterwards, groups can wonder off and wheel to their hearts content ... within' the ORV's curfew of course.

Everyone needs to understand that those who organize, and run the event are volunteers who are on vacation too. These people, like Sean, Rev, Mike, and Mark, should only have to obligate so much of their time during the event and given the freedom to do whatever they want to do after a certain amount of time.

Les

Lawn Cher' said:
Sounds delicious, if people are willing to pay for it. I'd hate to consider the logistics of preparing it though... maybe something else we could have catered.

Chester Fried Chicken? :looser:

LBEXJ said:
I can understand there are those who would like to have had more wheeling time, but there was no reason why anyone should not have gotten in what they wanted this past weekend ... outside of the rainy Saturday. Just because "guided runs" ended, it was no sign anyone had to quit. I suggest an established time period for "guided trail runs". Afterwards, groups can wonder off and wheel to their hearts content ... within' the ORV's curfew of course.

Everyone needs to understand that those who organize, and run the event are volunteers who are on vacation too. These people, like Sean, Rev, Mike, and Mark, should only have to obligate so much of their time during the event and given the freedom to do whatever they want to do after a certain amount of time.

Les

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back