• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Flares on XJ...SEARCHED

harwood39

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I got a set of free YJ flares for my XJ. I no longer have the stock drivers side flares on the XJ due to hitting a deer last night. I know there are tons of people that have TJ flares but i want to use the YJ's since they were free. Does anybody have pics and write ups on how to install them? I found one on google for the fronts, but not the rears.

Also, Dont tell me to search, there is NOTHING on YJ flares.....

I know you said you got them for free but in my opinion they look like dog S#%$. you would be beter off geting TJ flares.

Search n00b!!! :D

Don't know of any write ups, but PM 2xtreme. He's a member on there who has YJ flares on his rig. Thats the only one Ive seen that has done it.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like he chimed in!

Last edited:
I have YJ flares on mine. I have had nothing but compliments on them. They have great coverage and can look very nicely done. I don't have a bunch of good photos and can't produce more (since I am actually in the process of replacing them with tube fenders) but here are a few to help out.

The front is really easy, just put them where you want and mark the fender, cut and install with your favorite fastener.

The back is a little more difficult. I mounted mine on the fender (not the door) and they fit very well between the door and fender with the fender cut as large as you can without re-welding the inner fender. If I was to cut the fender larger (and re-weld the inner fender ) then I would install just like a TJ flare. The YJ flares are slightly smaller than TJ flares. I believe mine are on back to front because I have my rear lower fender cut out.

DSCN9334.jpg

DSCN9114.jpg

These photos aren't great, but they give you an idea. The tires are 33x12.5x15 on 15x8 with 3.75 BS and the tires are just covered with the flares.
Michael

thanks guys. that helps.

Also, 2xtreme, you just cut the rear quarters to the pinch welds and didnt beat it in using the slit and bang method?

I was just thinking or trimming the front and doing that to the back following the fender/body lines and not putting flares back on. Not sure yet tho.

Yes, I just cut up to where the inside wheel well meets the ouside body and bent each of the pieces up. The flares fit great outside this with room for mounting through the body.

Michael

Back