• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to remove chrome logos from body panels? ...

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ... gonna paint my '91 XJ this summer and I'm doing my research now.

Question: How do you remove those chrome logos from the fenders and tailgate? On each fender, it says "Cherokee" and on the Tailgate it says "4.0 Liter High Output," and of course on the front it says "Jeep."

Looks like it will be very hard to access the back side of the fenders.

Also, do you know they are held on with screws or with those non-reuseable clips?

Thanks in advance.

All of mine were stuck on with double sided foam tape. Use a length of dental floss with knots tied in it every half inch or so. Use it like a rope saw to cut through the foam tape. When you get through all the way, take some GooGone or equiv and use it to soften the old tape. Scrape it off with a piece of plastic. An old credit card works well.

Thanks for the info. Did you reinstall them? What kind of foam tape did you use? Can you tell me the brand and model name?

old_man said:
All of mine were stuck on with double sided foam tape. Use a length of dental floss with knots tied in it every half inch or so. Use it like a rope saw to cut through the foam tape. When you get through all the way, take some GooGone or equiv and use it to soften the old tape. Scrape it off with a piece of plastic. An old credit card works well.

I did the same, i removed mine but decided to leave it clean.
I would imagine anything made by 3M would work well.If you go to a big box home improvement shop youll no doubt run into something. Or perhaps some kind of all weather adheasive. good luck with it.

Back