• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building a trac bar??

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
i've messed up the upper ball type socket on my stock track bar, and i'm thinkin about lobbing it off, welding on a piece of tube w/ a thread insert in it, and using either a heim joint or high-missalign t.r.e. to replace it and make it adjustable. any thoughts on how this would work?

I personally don't mess with stuff that has the potential to kill me on the road, Might be okay for trail and offroad use. Don't think it would pass any state/provincial/gov't inspection. Why nor a Rubicon Express or equivalent?

In my case, the reason would be that they don't make adjustable trackbars for RHD Jeeps.

I've seen a stock trackbar that's been modified to be adjustable and it really looked well made (modified). I'll probably be going the same route soon. With a little bit of common sense, I'm sure it could be made adjustable without compromising safety.

JKS sells a Track Bar "kit" where you get the Johny Joint, the Tube, and a threaded rubber top building. You cut and bend(if it needs bent) the tube to exactly how you need it, then weld on the johny Joint. Custom JKS Track Bar to how ever you need it!

I went with one when I did my high-steer, it was very easy to do, took about 15min to cut, weld and install(although I had no bends to make)!!

Back