• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

again: what backspace will fit 30x9.5x15 tires at xj

tomm

NAXJA Forum User
First of all let me say hello to everybody, I found this forum very useful looking for tech information about xj. Congratulations :)

I've bought tires Dueler AT694 30x9.5x15 want to lift my xj up 2" and put them on. I know stock rims can work with that tires but want to buy some new one like made from Eagle or Ion. And here my stupid question came.

What minimum backspace will work with these tires?
I want to avoid any fenders modifications and of-course rubbering. I found out rims with 4" BB but not sure if that will be ok?

Will appreciate your advise
Take care
Tom

4" will stick out a bit and put the tires into the fenders a bit with an 8" rim. For that size tire and to make sure it stuffs into the fender well instead of into the fender, I'd go with about 5" or 4.5" at most unless you don't mind trimming the fenders a little or going with more lift

I ran AR767s for a while on my rig. IIRC they have 4.25" BS. I ran 32x10.50 TSL radials with no trimming on 4" lift.

Good question Steve In fact I'm still hesitating could be 7 or 8" it depends what rims I can get. Frankly I'm more convinced to 7" wide but will appreciate suggestion of what BB should be in both cases: 7 and 8" wide rims

Yellowata, I'm happy with 2" lift / 30" tires so will rather try to trim my rims. BTW with 5" or 4.5" rubbering is not going to be an issue?

4.75" with a 7" rim would be good, I run that with an 8" rim,32"X11.5" tyres and it almost fits under the flares so I'd guess with a 7" and 9.5" tyres it would be fine and easily clear the LCA etc. Even 4.75 with an 8" rim and the 30's would probably be pretty safe.

Cheers
Steve

I have had a set of 30x9.5s on both 7" and 8" wheels with a daystar bb consisting of 1 3/4" coil spacers and 1" extended shackles in the rear. The 15x8s were 4" backspacing and stuffed fine with the swaybars. Now I have same size tires on factory backspaced zj wheels and spidertrax 1.25" spacers that are a better fit and don't stick out quite as far but both setups are outside of the flares.

so it looks like even 4" backspace should be fine with rims 15x7 and 30x9.5 tires. Excellent! If so that would be great I found some Eagle made rims with that BB and looks nice.

BTW can you recommend me any web shop with some interesting offer of rims that match that size?

Can you pls advise if Eagle rims series 223 size 15x7 with backspacing 4" will fit (no rubbering) tires size 30x9.5 on my XJ 2” lift?

Thx in advance!

They will be fine. Might need to trim your front bumper caps so they don't rub when reversing. That was the only problem I had. Wasn't bad except when it would squeel in the rain.

2065986_122_full.jpg

The black plastic on the corners of the 97-01 bumpers. Wasn't a problem for me though as it convinced me to yank them and airdam off and trim them to match the line of the bumper.

Back