• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another header question

Well,it is your money,so it is up to you if it is too much money. It looks nice,but it would be WAY to much money for me to bolt onto my 92 when the jeep itself is worth maybe twice the cost of the header. Like I said,it is up to you,Borla is a good header from everything I have heard about them. I will be going the APN route myself here in a couple months.

SUA SPONTE said:
too much money?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/77601_800_07.htm

i have an 87 5spd. I have read ALL the post and something bad is said about every product, so i just want one with a lifetime warenty.

If you do get one SAVE THE RECIPT!!!.

I just had to have mine welded in multiple spots. Granted I had had it wrapped with DEI header wrap, but I was told the Borla would hold up to it.

I knew I had a leak in the header, but when I contacted the company all I got was the "no receipt-no warranty" line.

Pulled it off last Thurs. I couldn't believe the failed welds in it. Not just in one spot, but almost every welded area had cracks from fine lines to large blown out holes.

I called the welder I had asked to patch it up on Friday to say it was beyond repair. He had me drop it off anyway and did a great job closing the cracks and holes he could. He felt the failure of the welds was because of the type of welding that was done at the factory. The wire welding cause weakening at the margins of the welds that led to the cracks. He TIG'ed it where he could, the remaining areas I hit with Thermoseal.

It's a temporary fix, but it's nice not hearing an exhaust note louder than the MTR's and the motor combined.

I'll post pics when I can.

Bones :skull1:

If you go for this Borla, it's a good idea to replace your motor mounts if they're old. New, tight motor mounts protect the exhaust manifold from being twisted by engine torque and off road shaking.

92DripCherokee said:
If you go for this Borla, it's a good idea to replace your motor mounts if they're old. New, tight motor mounts protect the exhaust manifold from being twisted by engine torque and off road shaking.

I agree, although it wasn't part of my header failure. I have run M.O.R.E.'s bombproof mounts since before my stroker and the borla were a part of my XJ.

Bones :skull1:

10.jpg

Back