• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Size Difference?

dragula

NAXJA Forum User
VEHICLE - 1991 Cherokee Sport - 2 DOOR.

Friday night my Cherokee was broken into... Pioneer CD player, Blaupunt 6x9s, Bazooka 10 inch subwoofers, and Pioneer amplifier... all gone. They also took a power tool set I had in the back.

Before everyone tells me how dumb I am to have all that stuff in there.. I know. I had all of my stuff stolen once before so I installed a fake car alarm system (blinking red LED on the dash) to deter theft. This caused the second set of theives to decide to break out the driver side "wing" window (does not really open). They then pulled the hood release, and broke off the battery cables and battery terminals to prevent the "alarm" from going off. They then unlocked the vehicle and took everything and of course broke the cluster bezel in the process.

Long story short I need to know whether or not that drivers side "wing window" (triangle window in front of the main window) is a different size on my two door than it is on a four door. If it is different I will probably have trouble finding the two door window I am looking for.

Thanks.

That sucks, I hate thieves... :flamemad:

The wing windows are the same, only the main glass is different. If you need instructions on how to remove the wing glass, let me know.

Later,
Joe

Wow, I never thought you could reach the hood release through that window......maybe he had long flexible arms? Maybe a squid broke in your XJ.

Sorry about your loss, however. Hopefully you'll catch that motherfunker and teach them a lesson.

Back