• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350/700r4 in jeep.

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering how hard would it be to put in a 350 and 700r4 tranny in my 99 xj with the 4.0 I6 and auto tranny. i want to run sum power so what kinda tcase am i gunna need to take the power. i already plan on upgrading to dana 44's front and rear.

I know a guy here that is running a 700R4 with the 4.0. He has been running it for about 3 years and loves it. Sorry I dont have any tec on the subject yet but I will see what I can get the guy to tell me on monday.

A NP205 or NV as it is called now is bullet proof. I had one in a blazer with a 327 SS running 12:1 pistons and it took a heel of a beating!

i used a stock transfer case from a s-10 blazer. same as a jeep transfer case only with stronger parts and bolts right to the 700-r4. the overall swap wasn't that bad. i opted to build my own motor mounts so i could place the driveline where i wanted it. this alowed me to use stock driveshafts and crossmember location. chevy rams horn manifolds or f-body manifolds are an alternative to blockhugger headers. the radiator is the biggest problem as there is no room with the steering box. its possible that one for a wrangler v-8 swap would fit? check out some pics here but its still not finished...prolly never will be. lol :roflmao: http://www.fototime.com/users/[email protected]/my%20pictures

Back