• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ajs super square install question?

villestrip

NAXJA Forum User
So I have searched but can't quite find the answer. My pinch seam is bent up in the front slightly. Is there any way to pull that back out or am I screwed? Also the front unibody attachment for the rock rails is a good 1 1/2 inch away from the unibody is that normal? Thanks

villestrip said:
So I have searched but can't quite find the answer. My pinch seam is bent up in the front slightly. Is there any way to pull that back out or am I screwed? Also the front unibody attachment for the rock rails is a good 1 1/2 inch away from the unibody is that normal? Thanks

havent put on aj sliders but if the pinch seam is bent just bend it back. If its rusted or damaged like crushed like an accordian and you cant straighten it, i imagine (though ask aj for sure) i see no reason you cant grind down the damaged area then weld on a piece of angle iron in its place, it would achieve the same anchoring stability to the sliders. be sure to ask AJ , though when he sees his name he will likely chime in, dont know if your in a hurry though.

Thrubolt a piece of angle iron to the bottom of the unibobdy and use that as your mounting point instead of your pinch seam. You may have to beat some of the old pinch seam up flat to mount the angle iron.

Very hard to pull it down. Maybe drill a hole in the middle of the bent up part of the pinch seam and then bolt some chain to it. Then pass the chain around a long pole which you could maybe lever under the axle at one end while you push down at the other or even jack it down between the lever and under the rear spring leaf.
Man I hope that makes much sense as it does in my head! ;)

Back