• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rim sizes!

the chariot

NAXJA Forum User
ok hey i own a 2000 cherokee classic
heres the pic, i was wondering what size cragars can i get now, and still use my stock tires until i get my lift and new tires?
heres my rim. i have no idea what size. anyone know?
totallyrad516.jpg

Read the last number in the tire size. It should be either 15 or 16 then youll know if they are 15 or 16" rims. I think those might be 16x7

I have a '99 in the same color, but I have the ecco wheels. Mine are 15X7. Just check your tire size, the last number will be your wheel size. By the way, are you getting the Cragar soft 8's? If you are could you post some pics? I'd like to get a set in black, but can't picture the combo on my jeep. Good luck!:D

Your XJ is the classic package. It is definitly a 16 inch wheel. When your getting new wheels and tires you have to remember 16" tire is more expensive than a tire for a 15" wheel. YOu can run either a 15 or 16 inch wheel. Stock XJ with a 15X7 steel wheel. I tried to insert a pic of my 2000 XJ desert sand w/pearl clearcoat xj as well. Did you know they only used this color in 2000 and 2001 which they only built xj's for 1/2 or 01. Anyways thought you guys would like to see the black and gold contrast.
Hoppe you all enjoy

btw i have a 3 1/2" Rubicon Express kit with 31X10.5 Super Swamper SSRs
pic is a lil old missing the roofrack i fabbed up for it.

940751848_l.jpg

1136893131_l.jpg
1135187993_l.jpg

as stated your rims are 16's and should be 16x7 and if you want to run your current tires until the upgrade expect $20-30 more per tire for 16's. also depending on what size tire you want to run you may and should consider an 8" wide rim. an 8" rim is a good width for 10.5 to 12.5 width tires. also try to get a wheel with less backspacing then factory to move the tires out away from the jeep to run a wider then factory tire without have contact issues with suspension parts.

Hey guys, not to contradict anyone, but I have a '99 in Desert Sand Pearl. This color was offered in '99 and '00, it was discontinued for '01. I have a Cherokee Classic and it came with 15X7 aluminum Ecco wheels as standard equipment. I don't know if they changed that for '00, but in '99 the Classic came with 15X7's not 16X7's. I think the black wheels look sweet on that color, you've convinced me, I've decided to get Cragar soft 8's in black. Thanks for the pics.:thumbup:

Last edited:
no prob. i just painted my 15X7 steel Jeep wheels black and kept the center caps original. black is definitly the way to go. hey sorry bout the year mixup now that i read it you definitly making sense on the 99 and 00 and discontinue in 01.
keepin it real
peace

DangerXJ100,
I was reading your specs and noticed that you have a 3.5in RE lift. Do you have problems with driveline vibes? Did you install an SYE or did you go the TC drop route? I'm ready to lift my XJ but I've read the stories about the 97+ XJ's and vibes caused by lifts. I'm considering a budget boost, but I really don't have the funds for an SYE. Any info would be appreciated, by the way, sweet jeep you got there!

I have a 91 with the RE 3.5 lift. No driveline vibration problems, other than an interference problem at the upper u joint. Some quick work with a Dremel took care of it. No problem since, and the kit gives your rig LOTS of articulation.

the 97+ Cherokees get driveline vibes with lower lifts than the older cherokees. every 97+ responds differently, but around 3-3.5" is where a lot of people develop the vibes. I also have a 2" lift on a 2000 with no vibes. ( I bought the t case drop in case i had to throw it in but haven't had to yet). get an alignment after you lift it ( my tires are crying because i didn't)

Hey i do have the rubicon express 3.5 inch lift . I didn't do transfer case drop or SYE. I havn't had any problems since i've had it lifted it with no big problems in the driveline. ONce in awhile when gettin on it hard and up a hill around 45/ 50 mph it makes a slight vib but only for a second or two.
I definitly agree with the dude who said to align the jeep after you lift it; it is a definite or your tires will be shot in no time. The only thing I had to do that got in the way or rubbed was my rear sway bar. The brackets and shit rubbed on my rear tires so i just ripped the entire brackets n rear sway bar out. I also bought the teraflex revolving shackles for the rear but i havn't gotten time to put them on yet I will be excited to see how much more flex i can get out of it.

I just saw a gold (or is it sandstone?) XJ today or yesterday (damn, I don't remember lol) and it looked pretty sweet. Neat color, and the black/gold contrast is awesome as well!

Technically it's called Desert Sand Pearl, but who's keeping track? I have a '99 Classic in that color and for the most part I don't see it much. I think the color's great and can't wait to put some black Cragar Soft 8's on it now since seeing Danger XJ100's pics. I think the color combo looks killer.:flame:

tangowhiskey said:
Technically it's called Desert Sand Pearl, but who's keeping track? I have a '99 Classic in that color and for the most part I don't see it much. I think the color's great and can't wait to put some black Cragar Soft 8's on it now since seeing Danger XJ100's pics. I think the color combo looks killer.:flame:
I never saw one that color before in my life until i got mine and I SWARE TO GOD I saw 3 of them the 2 days after. There is one Desert Sand Pearl around where i live that has a set of "gold" wheels that look pretty bitching on it. But i must agree with tangowhiskey the black goes great. tthink about tinting it. When you get your new wheels and tires can you post a pic? or post a pic now of what your rig looks like
thanks man

yabotherme said:
I have a 91 with the RE 3.5 lift. No driveline vibration problems, other than an interference problem at the upper u joint. Some quick work with a Dremel took care of it. No problem since, and the kit gives your rig LOTS of articulation.
what did you grind down to eliminate your vibration??

Back