• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I AM SO LEGAL!!!! My brag posting

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I AM SO LEGAL I AM SO LEGAL>>>>>> party1: party1: party1: party1:

Its been a long time but i , for the first time in my life, am smog legal in the state of Texas. Well the Houston area that is. Most of the state has no smog test but the DFW, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, ElPaso, big cities are so one could easily have it regularly inspected in another county. Given you have some kind of tie there to show proof of residency. I could no longer do so. So after a brand new Cat (and all the rest of the exhaust because why not upgrade to a DynoMax Cat back also) and a new O2 sensor, it got the NOX levels down to passing.
Now this is on my 1990 Lemited 4.0 XJ. It being 17 years old of course rather worries me with these tests.I replaced all the vacuum lines under the hoode i could find, make sure there were no leaks,fiddled with the EGR to make sure it functioned, and pulled that nastyfied rotted up O2 sensor off. I bought this in the state of PA and the Cat had been cut out so that was obvious that it needed to be replaced.
Anyhoo,....the point of this posting was only to express my pure excitement at the fact i dont have to dodge the Law man on the streets due to not having a sticker anymore!!!!!
That is all really. So if anyones having the "Im worried i wont pass the smog inspection" blues, :rattle: the O2 sensor made a world of difference and it cost about 56.00 at "The Zone". Plug and play with a 7/8 end wrench on a warm manifold. WARM mani makes it sooo much easier to pull. I saw a bunch of "what can i do, how do i, what does it cost" questions. Well its a worldo f difference. And i think she runs smoother as well. Now if i can get that oil to stay in the crankcase.........Jeep on everyone...... jeep on.

What you do... and yes i've done this... is date the hot chick that does the emisions test and when your vehicle fails, have her pull her car in and leave your info in the computer. then you pass IM :D

No but really we have strict laws up here on IM and it can be a P.I.T.A. and costly to fix.

Did you get any bloody knuckles changing the O2 sensor? I know did when i changed mine.

Oh well, GJ.

AkJeepKid said:
What you do... and yes i've done this... is date the hot chick that does the emisions test and when your vehicle fails, have her pull her car in and leave your info in the computer. then you pass IM :D

No but really we have strict laws up here on IM and it can be a P.I.T.A. and costly to fix.

Did you get any bloody knuckles changing the O2 sensor? I know did when i changed mine.

Oh well, GJ.

No bloody knuckles..i used an extension(read: box end wrench extension pry-bar) and it all worked.

If i could find a station that even HAD a female working there, that would be great. I dont think the smelly old dude here makes my criteria...not even for a sticker. Plus my wife may have something to say about it....

Wallyman said:
No bloody knuckles..i used an extension(read: box end wrench extension pry-bar) and it all worked.

If i could find a station that even HAD a female working there, that would be great. I dont think the smelly old dude here makes my criteria...not even for a sticker. Plus my wife may have something to say about it....

You just aren't thinking straight. You get your really cute looking, sister, girl friend, wife or significant other (Female) to take it in for that inspection. Having her wear a bikini helps too! :cheers: :woohoo:

Congrats on getting legal!!!!:woohoo:

That is one of the reasons I drive a 1985 Jeep Cherokke Pioneer-Nissan Diesel!!!! No inspections worries!

Back