• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lug Nut thread/size?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
'91/4.0L/AW4/NP231/D30/8.25

Hey I know that my stock lug nuts have 19mm heads, but what about the threading and length? I ordered the cragar soft 8s from quadratec (15x8 4"bs) but I'm not so sure about which lug nuts to order as I would like to get 4 locking lug nuts as well. Sorry if this seems dumb I just don't want to go and order the wrong ones. Thanks in advance.

Standard thread size for an XJ is .5" 20 threads per inch.

I've been told that the locking lugnuts are not a good idea, and that they strip easily and such....

I haven't tried them personally so, I can't say.

Good job though on wanting to upgrade the lugs, I've had many problems with the stock lugnuts (stupid aluminum caps over the actuall smaller-size lugnuts) until I decided to upgrade to newer one-piece type deals when I got new tires.

I use the standard solid acorns - in chrome. As said, they're 1/2R 20. Way better than the stock BS.

And I won't comment on the locking ones, other than that I can get them off with a breaker bar...

Who's gonna manage to get your rims/tires off without setting off the alarm even if you don't have locking lugs?

I just look at them as a gimmick. Ever ricer has 'em, and I see that as being the first big red flag...

Besides, no offense, but soft 8's aren't exactly a hot item to steal.

Back