• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear brakeline removal help...in shop now

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok we are about to put on the rear brakeline extension bracket from the rustys kit and we are havin seruious trouble getting the flex line to separate from the hardline and the bracket. is there anything important to know about this and any tips or tricks, i did this on my jeep and ended up breaking the hardline and had to bend up a new one from the master cylinder, any help or ideas would be appreciated as it is on jackstands as we speak

No need to separate the lines, just pop off the spring clip that holds the lines to the old bracket then I notched my new bracket with a cutoff tool so it would slip over the brake line bolt up new bracket (some bending of bracket was needed to line things up cleanly) put clip back on using channel locks and you're good to go. If you don't open the lines there is no need to bleed brakes.

Mike

i used a screwdriver to turn my clip upside down (like you could pull it from the top if possible) and then just used the screwdriver and a hammer a beat it off. needle nose vise grips also are handy with getting that clip off

Back