• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help...window regulator 99 XJ question?

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
the driver's side regulator went kaput today in my 99 XJ. i've done a lot of searching on here and cannot figure out if they are all the same for all year XJs or if the earlier body style XJs had different part number than the 97+. also my 99 is a 2 door, is it going to require a different part number or are the 2 door/4dr regulators the same?

I am almost certain that they are different part numbers than the pre 97 XJ's. I'm also almost certain that they are a different part number on the 2 door vs. 4 door XJ's of the 97+ generation, as I believe the two door versions have a longer door (and a longer window).

I know on my 4-door, both the front regulators ran me about $100 each from the dealer....one went in the spring, the other late summer. Stealership had both in stock :D

i was hoping the 4dr regulator would work in a 2dr, but im feeling like it won't either. i hope i can get one at the dealer for that price, i read somewhere they were going for around $200.00 from the dealer?

woodkrawler said:
i was hoping the 4dr regulator would work in a 2dr, but im feeling like it won't either. i hope i can get one at the dealer for that price, i read somewhere they were going for around $200.00 from the dealer?

Seems like I just read that recently too....and I have a hard time believing it...

I have a 97-99 XJ Parts catalogue on .pdf that i'd be more than happy to send you. I was just looking through it right now to compare p/n's.....not sure if they're still the same, but it doesn't hurt to try. Let me know if you'd like it.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Seems like I just read that recently too....and I have a hard time believing it...

I have a 97-99 XJ Parts catalogue on .pdf that i'd be more than happy to send you. I was just looking through it right now to compare p/n's.....not sure if they're still the same, but it doesn't hurt to try. Let me know if you'd like it.

i have one of those on PDF too and it looks like they are two different part numbers - im going to go to the dealer tom and check out the prices.

Cool deal. Let me know what the dealer says, and what they're going for these days. It would be nice to know in the future when others have theirs fail.

I see you're in Charlotte...what part? I go to school at UNCC during the week.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Cool deal. Let me know what the dealer says, and what they're going for these days. It would be nice to know in the future when others have theirs fail.

I see you're in Charlotte...what part? I go to school at UNCC during the week.

we live off of mallard creek ch. rd. about 5mins from uncc.

cool cool....I've probably seen you around there and didn't even notice. You got a lift or anything special on your Jeep? Nothin fancy on mine now....just a flowmaster, deep tinted windows, and a smashed up left rear quarter panel from an accident last week.

99XJSPORT06 said:
cool cool....I've probably seen you around there and didn't even notice. You got a lift or anything special on your Jeep? Nothin fancy on mine now....just a flowmaster, deep tinted windows, and a smashed up left rear quarter panel from an accident last week.

you may have seen my XJ , nothing special 99 XJ black 2dr sport 5spd 4.0L, factory up country susp. with 31" BFGs and flowmaster exhaust.

Jeeps001.jpg

One back in High Point where I used to live. I was going to ask you which dealer you use down there, as I am moving this weekend to Clemmons, and if I need to get any dealer parts i'll probably have to do it during the week when i'm at school.

actually I think I have seen you aronud once or twice.

Here's some recent pics of mine...http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243360032&postcount=180

Only thing new is I found my NAXJA sticker and put it on right in the lower center of the rear glass.

Last edited:
I just had my front passenger side one die, about 6 months after my driver's side. The driver's was 120 6 months ago.... but they've jacked the stupid things to $263 (or at least Haynes in Richmond has) since then. Cheapest I could find was 182 plus shipping from chryslerpartsdirect.com. None of the autoparts stores here in richmond could even get them other than the dealer. Hope you have better luck than me, but mine will arrive monday.

VtRhyno said:
I just had my front passenger side one die, about 6 months after my driver's side. The driver's was 120 6 months ago.... but they've jacked the stupid things to $263 (or at least Haynes in Richmond has) since then. Cheapest I could find was 182 plus shipping from chryslerpartsdirect.com. None of the autoparts stores here in richmond could even get them other than the dealer. Hope you have better luck than me, but mine will arrive monday.

i'm not having any better luck - the stealership wants $240.00 here for one for my jeep - thats crazy!!! but i have no choice

Back