• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone got a spare set of hands this evening?

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of taking off my throttle body, I broke that little plastic clip on my kickdown cable. :doh: So now, I need to drop my tranny pan to get the new one in. I've never dropped the pan before, so I have no idea what to expect. Long story short, if I could get somebody to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow morning, I have to head out to LAX to pick up a friend, and need my jeep done tonight. PM me if at all interested. Let me know, I'll buy the beer and if it runs late; the pizza.

You wont need a second set of hands, its stupid simple. Jump into it, if you have problems call my cell and I'll come bail you out.

-Cal

cal said:
You wont need a second set of hands, its stupid simple. Jump into it, if you have problems call my cell and I'll come bail you out.

-Cal

Have fun driving to Corona on a Friday night:flame:

Well folks, I have officially hit a wall. If anyone feels like swinging out and giving me a hand, let me know.

13702 Robinbrook Ct
Corona, CA

Ph: 951-751-3652

Going back out to try it again.....:flamemad:

what is the problem?

I'll admit bryce that when I said it was easy, I assumed you had all the basic handtools.

Once you got some metric sockets, how did it go? ;)

cal said:
I'll admit bryce that when I said it was easy, I assumed you had all the basic handtools.

Once you got some metric sockets, how did it go? ;)

Well, it's 3:12 in the morning, and we called it quits. Got the new cable in, and the pan resealed and up. Dumptruck and I f'd with that pan to get it loose, for almost two hours. I think the cold was screwing us up. Towards the end, we were dropping wrenches and just staring at them. Again, thanks to Cal and John for the advice. And HUGE props to my favorite nigga Ben Jones for sackin up and stickin with it till 3 am.

Awwww christ. Here, "thanks to Ben, for not bitching out and helping me work on my jeep until 3a.".......:banghead:

After Ben gets done workin with Bryce on his rig I get a 8:30am call from Ben letting me know he is on the way from Corona to work on Project 96 XJ! I hear some noise out front. I look down the street. "It's a bird!" It's a plane!" It's SuperBen!" "Yes it's SuperBen - strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. SuperBen - defender of law order, champion of equal rights, valiant, courageous fighter against the forces of hate and prejudice, who disguised as Ben Jones, mild-mannered marine for our great country, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, the right to wheel, and the American way."

pottenger said:
After Ben gets done workin with Bryce on his rig I get a 8:30am call from Ben letting me know he is on the way from Corona to work on Project 96 XJ! I hear some noise out front. I look down the street. "It's a bird!" It's a plane!" It's SuperBen!" "Yes it's SuperBen - strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. SuperBen - defender of law order, champion of equal rights, valiant, courageous fighter against the forces of hate and prejudice, who disguised as Ben Jones, mild-mannered marine for our great country, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, the right to wheel, and the American way."

I can only imagine what shape he was in at your place russ. We were so tired and cold from working on my heep, that we were delirious.

TheWarWagon said:
I can only imagine what shape he was in at your place russ. We were so tired and cold from working on my heep, that we were delirious.
He was probably so delirious that he didn't know what he was doing there!

Kyung

Back