• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sensor above rearview mirror

bobhere73

NAXJA Forum User
i dont have it on my 95 but on another truck i looked at there is a small round black sensor of some kind.. what is it and where is the matching sending unit under the hood

Yep it is.....I removed mine if you want it :) I have an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry so it was worthless......plus I don't have the origional keyfobs anyway. Just have to figure out something to fill the roofliner that is missing where the bubble thing used to be :)

SensorTop.jpg

ty anyway i dont need or want it.. i justw anted to know what it was.. i have seen some rearview mirrors that have temp gauge so iwas wondering if that had anything to do with it.. i want to get the rearview with the temp in it but i have to find out where the sensor is underhood

thanks for heads up on the fob but i have another contact for fobs i can get most for like $10-$15 per pair

The fobs for the factory keyless entry are not you standard run of the mill fobs. They are infrared rather than radio frequency. This means you have to be pretty close and you have to point them like the remote on you TV. I have not seen these fobs for $10-15 a pair, even used ones on e-bay seem to go for a good chunck of change. I got a new aftermarket one for about $35, but that was the best deal I could find. If you do find one, the programming instructions are in the owners manual. Some people seem to think you need to pay the dealer to do it, or buy instructions, but it's right there in the book in the glovebox :)

Aren't keyfobs different now? I know some newer vehicles you can be pretty damn far away. I'm guessing the new keyfobs are radio now adays? Off topic, but at Christmas time there's a set of lights on the tree that are remote controlled (aka, you can change the pattern of the lights) and the Toyota Camry keyless entry remote interferes with the tree lights, lol.

Back