• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaky park lamp housing 97+

JW 4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Just checking to see if anyone else has the problem I'm having. ON the front passenger park lamp housing, it leaks. Collects all kind of moisture any time it rains or wash the XJ. I have a 2000 XJ. Anything I can do to seal this up better, or does everyone elses park lamp leak too?

I've never taken a good look at a 97+, but I imagine some clear silicone would do the trick. You could look for flowable silicone, which is good for running down into tiny spaces. I would make sure the whole thing is clean and dry before attempting to seal.

Both of mine are like that...So far I haven't had a bulb burn out faster b/c of it. I just leave it. I may be in the market for some clear ones so hopefully that will solve the problem...its on 01

Moisture can hurt the amber bulbs with the film coating......it seperates from the glass.....I had to switch to dyed bulbs, althoguh I think I stopped my leaky turn signal light from leaking anymore.

But you won't have to worry about that since your lense is amber anyway.

Back