• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Kumho

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking at the new Kumho MT KL71
KL71_m_KL71.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=1
Any body run these yet or seen them. I love the look and I can get them for a good price through work.

Looks cool but in looking at the specs, 15/32" of tread? Most tires of that size start with 19-21/32" if im not comparing apples with oranges.

I've actually voiced the same concern when reading about them in an article a couple of months back...

Hey. I believe this size was an afterthought on this model for kumho to try to grab some of us jeepers in the 31in size. The first ones out were in 20 and 22in and I have put a few sets on some fullsize trucks. 20's on a F-250 and 22's on a pair of chevy 1500's. The wheel/tire package looked sic don't get me wrong but these guys have come back and said they are ok in light mud and such but noisy on the road. The 31's might be quieter but as far as treadlife and serious offroading I would look elsewhere IMHO. The guy with the ford wants to sell them and move up to 22's and go with the new Nitto Dune Grappler which is a badass new tire in the market with a better ride I believe. If you can get them under tirerack's price say under a hunred, hell run 'em and let us know. Hope this helps.

Back