• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy USA Gears...

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
When did they start making gears?

P7110001.jpg

I dunno when for sure, quiet a while ago, I've got a couple sets of alloy-usa gears sitting in my garage..

That seems to have eluded me until the box showed up here. Apparently Rustys doesn't "use Superior exclusively" anymore............:jester:

P.S. Whats with Rustys and shipping out at least once mounted Hp 30 gears? Had a buddy get a set a while ago, Superior, had white marking compound all over the ring gear. My set has blue compound on it and is less than clean.

Last edited:
Chalk another one up to the Rusty haters :shocked:

I've been lucky when I've delt w/ them.

Rob $.02

i don't like those gears. one of my best friends blew up a D30 and D35 set on one run. YJ on 35's :D open. the rear went first in a creek which left the front the only pulling power, so it was only time before the tire hung on a root and BANG. just my .02, same guy put yukons in the 30 then blew those up again. for some reason my superiors have some muscle:dunno:

Any experiences with Genuine Gear? Good? Bad?

read a couple pages back at the Genuine vs. Superior thread. I would never put a set on my rig. superior and precision have done good for me

So noted, thanks!

skyjackedxj96 said:
i don't like those gears. one of my best friends blew up a D30 and D35 set on one run. YJ on 35's :D open. the rear went first in a creek which left the front the only pulling power, so it was only time before the tire hung on a root and BANG. just my .02, same guy put yukons in the 30 then blew those up again. for some reason my superiors have some muscle:dunno:

Something is not right about that statement. I bet he had Frank down on the corner put those gears in. Or he had them put in and took a road trip and melted them down before he went wheeling. I haven't even seen a set of Genuine gears fail that quick.

I say B.S..

FWIW - My Yukon F9 gears had a "pattern" on them, and Rawbrown didnt think twice about it... mentioned something about checking the mesh?

shoot him a PM and see what he thinks...

91 Jeep Project said:
P.S. Whats with Rustys and shipping out at least once mounted Hp 30 gears? Had a buddy get a set a while ago, Superior, had white marking compound all over the ring gear. My set has blue compound on it and is less than clean.

duh.....thats the "special" part of the rusty's gear special :D their specially tested in a real hp 30

Ditto...
If something fails once, its a fluke. if the same setup fails twice, then someone is installing gears that shouldn't be. Just like bitching about having your locker warrantied more than once. Its probably not the locker thats the POS, its more likely that the axle is bent. And its not that I've seen Genuine gears fail, its that out of all the gears I installed, those have consistently been dificult in getting a perfect pattern on both drive and coast sides and have consistently been not the quietest gears running.
Lincoln said:
Something is not right about that statement. I bet he had Frank down on the corner put those gears in. Or he had them put in and took a road trip and melted them down before he went wheeling. I haven't even seen a set of Genuine gears fail that quick.

I say B.S..

And you installed them all by yourself. Even got a perfect pattern.
XJ_ranger said:
FWIW - My Yukon F9 gears had a "pattern" on them, and Rawbrown didnt think twice about it... mentioned something about checking the mesh?

shoot him a PM and see what he thinks...

Back