• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

modified

tinbender

NAXJA Forum User
has any one taken a hf winch apart to see how to make it any better or how to modify it and how can you make it better and any pix thank you .and i searched and did not see any ? like this one

Better winching

The easiest way to increase pulling power is to use a snatch block. For those of you who aren't familiar w/a snatch block, it is merely a large, heavy duty pulley secured to your winching point. You run the winch cable to & through the pulley & back to your vehicle doubling the pulling power. If you are winching to a tree, be sure to use a strap around the tree so it will survive after you leave.
Mark

They are a very decent winch. The Harbor freight style knockoffs you see are near the same, main difference as far as design (info quoted from milemarker directly) is that in some places that the knockoffs use bushings, the milemarkers use ball bearings.

I built a crash cage for mine & mounted on a winch plate w/a 2" receiver tongue so I can mount it front or rear & take it off to store it when not in use. It's a decent winch, for the $. I've got the REW9000. Using the snatch block will let the winch work easier.
JYD

Back