• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel injector connectors

UncleBud

NAXJA Forum User
Ok apparently I'm a total retard...can somebody explain how the electrical connector on the injectors works? Can't get em unplugged for nothing. Afraid if I pull too hard I'll pull the wires right out of the socket.

UncleBud said:
Ok apparently I'm a total retard...can somebody explain how the electrical connector on the injectors works? Can't get em unplugged for nothing. Afraid if I pull too hard I'll pull the wires right out of the socket.
What year you working with here? If it's an 87-90 there are metal rectangular clips that you have to get out with like a pick first then the plugs will just pull off. If it's a later year there might be a tab you have to slide out and then just unplug them, either way it shouldn't be too bad.

Like Renix power stated--look close at the connector, you should see a small diameter wire wrapped arround the connector--square--open accross the front. These need to be pried open. Be careful, because they will go flying! Trying to locate a replacement for a lost retainer would be very aggravating.

xjbubba said:
Like Renix power stated--look close at the connector, you should see a small diameter wire wrapped arround the connector--square--open accross the front. These need to be pried open. Be careful, because they will go flying! Trying to locate a replacement for a lost retainer would be very aggravating.
If you lose them they will stay on without the retainer, I just wouldn't feel as safe that way.

:thumbup:Thanks for the replys, most helpful...I plan on quittin the freeloading with a membership next month when the se chapter can get the credit toward most new members...

yeah mine's a 87 got the little metal rings you mention

Thanks again, this site rocks :music:

I *THINK* these are the right connectors for the fuel injectors: http://www.eagleday.com/ampconnectors.html Can't say for sure, as I haven't actually ordered any of them.

I've got a broken clip on one on my 94, it's held down with a ZIP tie now.

Back