• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for OME shock part#

bknudtsen

NAXJA Forum User
I need a part number for an OME shock with eyes at both ends and a similar length to an N36 (13.5" compressed/22.1" extended). Problem is the N36 has a built in bar pin. I would also like it have a firmer valving. Do ZJ or WJ rear shocks have eyes at both ends?

Any ideas? If not I'll wait until tomorrow and call ARB.

Thanks,

Brad

I don't know if this will help but...

I have 36L's shocks with JKS BPE's in the rear. I have seen where you can use N36L's up front with a conversion and BPE's.

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SHOCKCONV&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock

JKS says you can't use their BPE's with OME shocks. This is wrong. The bar is wider than the eye so all you have to do is slip a stainless steel washer in there. Works like a champ.

I have not used the conversion myself so I would still call ARB to make sure everything will work.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have N36L's right now and they are too long. The N36 is perfect but it has a built in bar pin.

You didn't say if your truck is lifted or not. After talking the the OME engineers in WA. this is what they recommended for my 2" lifted MJ:

Front w. 1"-3" lift: OME N35 (firm) or N35C (Comfort) (15.25"-23.75")
Rear w. 1"-3" lift: OME N40L (15.6"-25.8") (Actually a ZJ shock)

I ended up getting the N35C's and N40L's. For a non-lifted MJ N40 regular shocks will be about the right travel. The N40 & N40L shocks have bar pins on one end but they can be easily pressed out. Everything worked great.

For higher lifts (3"-5"), the OME N35L will work up front but they don't make one long enough at this time for the rear.

I do have a 5" lift, but I have relocated the lower shock mounts higher on the axle and also installed a JKS Crossover upper shock mount. This effectively negated the need for extended shocks, but I now need eyes at both ends. I'm calling ARB this morning.

Thanks for the responses.

Brad

The bar pins do not come installed on the Nitrocharger shocks. If yours are in just remove the snap ring and press out the bar pin.

Back