• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LockRight VS E-Z Locker

JeepinCoastie

NAXJA Forum User
Lookin @ the Lock Right and the Detroit E-Z Locker... what does everyone recomend ?:lecture:

i love my lock right, i have heard some horror stories about the ez locker but ironically installed my lockright with an extra set of ez locker instructions so whichever way you figure that one out???? Havent really heard any complaints about the lockright and have none myself!

I had both in 2 different YJ's...Identical setups. The Lock right was a peice of crap, wouldnt unlock most of the time on the street, ate my tires up pretty good with only about 200 miles on it. The EZ Locker on the other hand was beautiful, was a pleasure to drive on, wasn't very loud, and was crazy awesome on the trails. EZ Locker hands down.

They're the same thing, look the same, work the same, feel the same, last the same. Get the one with the best price and/or warrenty.

Goatman said:
They're the same thing, look the same, work the same, feel the same, last the same. Get the one with the best price and/or warrenty.

Ditto....

I've run both and honestly can't tell you which is which. I had one in the front and the rear and they're virtually identical.

I got about 40K miles out of my EZ Locker- it worked great.I have a Lockrite now (almost a year) and the only difference I noticed is that the Lockrite isn't as quiet.

They're the same thing, look the same, work the same, feel the same, last the same. Get the one with the best price and/or warrenty

Actually that is NOT true..(DANA 35).They are NOT identical at all. They might look that way on websites or ebay or whatever, but they are not. The spacer that goes in between the cross shaft and end of the axle shaft are different, and the clutches are different between the two. With the lockright you have the ability to take out either/or C Clip, the EZ locker you can only do the right side.

green50gt said:
Actually that is NOT true..(DANA 35).They are NOT identical at all. They might look that way on websites or ebay or whatever, but they are not. The spacer that goes in between the cross shaft and end of the axle shaft are different, and the clutches are different between the two. With the lockright you have the ability to take out either/or C Clip, the EZ locker you can only do the right side.

I didn't mean that they were EXACTLY the same, otherwise Detroit wouldn't have been able to defend themselves when they were sued by Lockright when the EZ locker first came out......because they were NEARLY identical. I've seen both, run both.

My previous statement stands. :)

Back