• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA using 97 xj a/c compresser

google cherokee america there is an article in there on how to do it with all the parts and a wiring diagram.

that is the older style compressor, but it is not the york...the york is huge...the only real difference between the older unit and the one in yours is the fittings. Well rather the location. The older ones have it on the top. and from what I can remember, the newer ones have it on the back with only one bolt holding the ''block'' on. everything else should work the same....but you will need an inline oiler for the intake side of the compressor.

Ok here's what i got....it will be one of these two part numbers
If it is 55037214 is supersedes to 55037214AF used from 1997-2001
If its 55037205 it supersedes to 55056108AE used from 1996-2001

xjjeeper19 said:
Ok here's what i got....it will be one of these two part numbers
If it is 55037214 is supersedes to 55037214AF used from 1997-2001
If its 55037205 it supersedes to 55056108AE used from 1996-2001

It is 55037205 Is there any diff between the 2 and do they make good OBA compressers

I don't know the differences between the two....it my be the suppliers...but it will probably work just fine as OBA, just use an inline oiler, because once you remove the refrigerant you loose the oil in the system...we are going convert my brother's 89 soon, we are just going to follow the article on cherokee america, but run it to a tank in the back.

I was going to use a oiler and My new rockers double as air tanks .I have seen the write ups about using a Sanden and a York but not what I have ( I still don't even know the name off it ) I am going to keep my A/C and run the OBA beside it so it is a lot easier to make it work it if they are both the same

the york is alot better, but it is huge, I have seen wranglers that have come to my dealership with a yorks on them and it takes up alot of space I think the older full size wagoneer had them too. I don't think you could put one under the hood with out removing alot of things. you could easily relocate the batter and place a sanden over there if that is what you are thinking of.

Back