• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Search for 1" taller spring perches

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Anyone make a "qualified" recommendation of where to source these from? I'm tired of searching and finding the same junk.

Looking for some that are 6" long and place the spring mounting surface 1.75" above the axle surface (D44, BTW). Stock perches are .75"tall, FWIW.

Not interested T&T's setup, not looking for RE units, unless they meet the above specs, no vendor I've contact can provide me specs other that lenght and width.

TIA

I can make them. I'm doing a complete build over the next 45 days and have too many time consumers, I'd prefer to just buy them.

XJEEPER said:
Hmmm, would like to check these out, but the linky no worky.......Google link gives fatal error too.
Works for me. Try this one: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com....html?osCsid=88a8f4837a6c6ea3c5c895c12fd65c00

If it doesn't work, here's what the page says (no images available):
These are .25" (1/4) HR P&O Steel Plate, CNC Laser Cut and then Folded on a 290 ton CNC Brake to final size. Length is 8.0" to help control axle wrap and 2.5" wide to provide a stable platform. They have 3 spring pin mounting options so you can adjust your WB if you wish and are cut to fit a 2.75" axle tube (D44), they are easily adjustable .25 up or down in tube size in minutes with your grinder. Sold in pairs. $29
Doesn't say anything about height.

Contact info:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: Dan @ 916.600.1945

Just saw this post, sorry, ours are 7/8" tall, not quite into the realm you are looking for. I believe 1 of my competitors has what you are looking for but I am not sure of the axle cutout size, try DIY Fabrications, his name is Kert (yes, that is the way he spells it) and he makes nice stuff also. BTW, tell him I sent you!

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com

bumping an old thread because i'm after the exact same thing...anti-wrap style purchases that offer an additional 1" of lift. Anyone know of anything or used perches from diy4x?

They should be just like any other perches except they claim protection from axle wrap. Just make sure its welded corectly, thats the only real issue with any of them

Since I first replied tp this post we have bumped ours up to 1" in height. Personally I see anything beyond that as somewhat against the initial idea of antiwrap, yes, longer perches help in fighting wrap but additional height adds to wrap. More spring arc or lowering the spring hangers would be a much better way.

Back