• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kumho tires

scarface

NAXJA Member #716
Any one have any opinion on the Kumho line of tires?
I was looking into getting a new set of 33's for my XJ and a new set of 30 or 31's for my TJ.

the MT 834's sseem to have a similar tread to what I am running now and are only $127 per tire (33" 12.5" R15) on tire rack
the MT KL71 are $148...

any input?

Kumho Road Venture MT 834

Kumho Road Venture MT KL71

thanks.

Those KL71 look interesting... Tread is only 15/32nds on a 31, not as deep as some tires. Would be even better with sipes in the center tread. Price is competitive.

The 834's are on back order until april from what Ive heard. Tire rack has siad they are out of stock or backordered for at least 4 months

i was lucky enough to get the 834s before they quit making them i believe. i love them, a long with everybody i wheel with that has them. now, im not gonna lie...IMO they do perform just as good as BFGs or other high end muds, BUT from what ive seen they wear a little faster. nothing horrible. it just seems like BFGs are made from iron

I had the 834's as well, and i'll agree that they perform just as good as the bfg's if not better...and they beat the price by far. I say they may even be better than the BFG MT b/c they were a bit more sticky...wore faster b/c of that but climbed the rocks better. Either way ya cant beat the price.

They still make them they are still on the kumho website. Everybody gets these tire from tire rack though and they cant keep enough in stock to supply the demand. Check on ebay theres normally plenty on there. Or look up Maxxis Bighorns on ebay. They are going for an extremely good price with free shipping

Back