• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quck rear bumpstop ?

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
Just finishing 5 inch lift and was wondering if I would be OK welding a 3/8 bar stock plate to the top of the spring plate for a bumpstop against the factory rubber stop. I don't have my 35" tires in yet but was hoping to weld this on now while it's off. I don't want to over heat the nylon locknuts on the u bolts latter . I can quick tac weld addition height on latter but want to make sure I have no chance of this being too much bumpstop. Rear fenders are cut as high as you can safly cut and beat up flat to the wheel well.

I was trying to copy the design where you add the tab to the spring plate because it would be simple and I will get a lot of addition bumpstop by welding a quick tab to the plate. I think it will be easier to fine tune in additional height latter. I just want to make sure I have no chance that it will be too much when I get it all together. I guess I can sawsaw some off the factory bumpstop if I start with too much but....

I was thinking of doing the same, but I have a 20mm block under my leaf springs which means I'll have 20mm less upward travel with such a bumpstop. I measured with a tape and took shock compression lengths into consideration and realised I will have too much bumpstop by fitting a setup like the pic below. I guess I'll just add a 50mm piece square tubing between the frame rail and the bumpstop - that should suffice for me.

Here's what you had in mind?

rearbumpstop-vi.jpg

gorman said:
I was thinking of doing the same, but I have a 20mm block under my leaf springs which means I'll have 20mm less upward travel with such a bumpstop. I measured with a tape and took shock compression lengths into consideration and realised I will have too much bumpstop by fitting a setup like the pic below. I guess I'll just add a 50mm piece square tubing between the frame rail and the bumpstop - that should suffice for me.

Here's what you had in mind?

rearbumpstop-vi.jpg

Doesnt that interfere with the center pin? Or is there a recess in the block that we cant see?

Doesnt that interfere with the center pin? Or is there a recess in the block that we cant see?

Sorry bout the double post, I cant seem to Delete for some reason.

Thats what I was going to do but I think I'll weld it to the side of the spring plate for now and I'll have 3/8 more room if I need it. Heck I'll see if I can squeeze it onto the bottom first then I can drop a piece of small square tubing on it if I need a lot more. Thanks

Re: Quick rear bumpstop ?

That pic is not from my setup, so I'm not sure if it interferes with the centrepin. If it does, I'm guess it's easy enough just to drill a hole through the plate that was welded on.

Back