• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accel problems

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
In my 93 XJ Im having a slight problem.

If I dont let my XJ idle for a minute or two on startup and I drive. Whenever I make a turn and try to accel a lil faster than normal, then the engine goes down to "idle" rpms and has little power, for about 2 seconds, then it goes straight.

has happened 3 times in the past week, Im not sure what it is?!?

Any/all comments will help!

fill your fuel tank...
... ANy chance that you're at or below about 1/4 tank? This is worse on left turns, but both are affected -- at some point you may wann look in there to see if your strainer sock fell off (happens - makes this worse) there's little to nothing in the XJ tank to keep it from sloshing away from the pick-up...

If you're at 1/2 tank or better - then you may wanna look at the motor mounts and engine grounds -- have you tried to retrieve any engine codes?

i seem to have the same problem but even going straight. how do you fix a gas gauge thats off i run out at a 1/4 but fil past full

Back